Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thought leaders

I'm turning my thoughts towards the thought leaders in this space. There hasn't been much work in usability with open source software, but there has been some. I would start with the references who have discussed open source software usability:

  • Calum Benson (Calum also announced the first GNOME usability study in 2001)
  • Matthias Müller-Prove
  • Jiri Mzourek
  • David M Nichols
  • Michael B Twidale
I would add to this list other thought leaders in user experience and usability:
Since a target audience for my research is the open source community, I also plan to seek out several leaders in that community:
  • Shawn Powers (of Linux Journal)
  • Eric S. Raymond
Who else should I contact? If you have suggestions, please leave them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.