Saturday, October 13, 2012

Usability critical analysis

In my other post, I shared a new kind of usability test that I might use in my study: the "Usability Analysis". Similar to a heuristic review, this other usability test would essentially be the first half of a "plus/delta" exercise, focused on what is working in the design rather than discussing what needs to be improved.

I realize now that such a critique already has a name: the critical analysis. For example, a literary critical analysis is simply a discussion of a work in literature. The use of criticism doesn't imply disapproval or a negative review, but instead a full review of the work.

A better term for my proposed usability study might be "Usability Critical Analysis."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.