Friday, May 9, 2014

What's next?

As you know from my other post, my Master's capstone title was Usability Themes in Open Source Software. I feel very passionate about this topic, and I plan to continue working with usability in free software and open source software. As a start, I will keep writing here.

I'm going to submit a version of my capstone project to the Journal of Usability Studies. I think I can get three good JUS articles out of it: the usability study & results, using a heat map to display usability results, and a lit review of usability in open source software.

Both Linux Journal and Linux Voice said they would like to run a version of my article, so I'll write separate versions for them. And the Sourceforge.net blog has asked me to write an ongoing series of articles about usability in open source software. And I will be submitting proposals at open source software conferences like GUADEC, O'Reilly OSCON, Penguicon, and FOSDEM. I hope to see you there!

And the GNOME folks have asked if I can help them with future usability tests of new versions of GNOME. That would be a great continuation of this work!
Subscribe to the RSS feed to stay updated on Open Source Software & Usability! (RSS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.