Friday, January 8, 2016

Changing jobs

I wanted to share a brief update that I have changed jobs. As of December 2015, I am the new Chief Information Officer for Ramsey County, Minnesota. Ramsey is the second largest county (by population) in the State of Minnesota, and also includes the State Capital of St. Paul, Minnesota.

I leave behind a wonderful IT organization at the University of Minnesota Morris, where I served as IT Director and IT Executive for the last five and a half years. Before that, I was at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities in Minneapolis, where I led Enterprise Operations and Infrastructure as part of the systemwide Office of Information Technology. Overall, I was with the University of Minnesota system for some 17 years, most of my 20 years total in Information Technology.

I still plan to continue my work in open source software. So that means I will keep posting items about the usability of open source software. And I'll continue working on my other open source software projects, most notably the FreeDOS Project.

But I do find my new role is much more intensive than in my previous organization, so I don't have much free time to check personal email. So if you try to contact me and I don't get back to you right away, please understand that it may take me a few days to reply. I usually set aside time to do email over weekends.
image: Ramsey County website

2 comments: