Friday, January 15, 2016

Possible usability testing topics

You may have seen Allan's recent post about Settings design updates. I wanted to connect this back to my offer to mentor usability testing in the next GNOME Outreachy.

Interns who are interested in usability testing can suggest other areas of GNOME for study, but I recommend we focus on the updated features in Allan's note. If we can work with a test build of GNOME with the new features, I would like to see a usability test of:
Settings
Can testers quickly navigate to the correct system settings, and change the settings to a new appropriate value?

Sound
Can testers adjust volume settings for media, alerts, and other sound events?

Displays
Adjusting display modes for mirroring between two screens, joining two screens, or displaying to a projector.

Printers
Setting up a new printer, or adjusting settings for an existing printer. One possible use scenario would be changing the driver to get better printed output.

Wi-Fi
Configuration for new wireless networks.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for a usability project in the next Outreachy, leave a comment here or send me an email at jhall - at - gnome - dot - org. It would help me to gauge interest as I decide my availability.
image: Outreachy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.