Monday, August 8, 2016

Missing GUADEC this week

This week is the annual GNOME Users And Developers European Conference ("GUADEC"). I'm sad that I am not able to attend this year. I was looking forward to being there.

As I've reported before, I have a few work conflicts this year. I started a new job in late December, as CIO in county government. The new position comes with new responsibilities and a new schedule.

I have a County Board presentation when GUADEC is starting, to discuss our mid-biennium budget status for my department. This is our big opportunity to share with the County Commissioners our progress and our performance measures, and to request any budget adjustment. I can't miss this meeting.

On top of that, we also have a network upgrade scheduled during the GUADEC core days. And immediately following GUADEC, I have family visiting us for a vacation.

Even though I can't be there with you, I wish everyone the best! Until next year!
image: gnome.org

No comments:

Post a Comment