Friday, September 9, 2016

Presenting at the Government IT Symposium

I'm pleased to announce that I will be presenting "Usability testing in open source software" at the 35th Annual Government IT Symposium, in December 2016!

As you might guess from the title, this presentation is about how to do usability testing. I'll use my previous experience in usability testing in open source software as an example, and walk through three different usability tests from this year's Outreachy internship with GNOME.

Are you planning to attend the Symposium? If so, here are the presentation details:
In this session, you’ll learn about different ways to perform usability testing. Jim has mentored usability testing for the GNOME Foundation, including three usability tests during Summer 2016. This presentation will discuss different methods you can use for usability testing, and general lessons that you can use now. Jim will also present results from the usability tests of GNOME from Summer 2016.
My presentation is scheduled for Thursday, December 8th, 2016 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.

Also, I'll be doing a separate presentation about "Leadership lessons from unusual places." Check out my other blog Coaching Buttons to learn more about that!
image: MN Government IT Symposium

No comments:

Post a Comment