Saturday, March 18, 2017

Will miss GUADEC 2017

Registration is now open for GUADEC 2017! This year, the GNOME Users And Developers European Conference (GUADEC) will be hosted in beautiful Manchester, UK between 28th July and 2nd August.

Unfortunately, I can't make it.

I work in local government, and just like last year, GUADEC falls during our budget time at the county. Our county budget is on a biennium. That means during an "on" year, we make our budget proposals for the next two years. In the "off" year, we share a budget status.

I missed GUADEC last year because I was giving a budget status in our "off" year. And guess what? This year, department budget presentations again happen during GUADEC.

During GUADEC, I'll be making our budget proposal for IT. This is our one opportunity to share with the Board our budget priorities for the next two years, and to defend any budget adjustment. I can't miss this meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.