Wednesday, September 13, 2017

On my way to Kieler Open Source und Linux Tage

Just wanted to share a brief update that I'm now on my way to Kiel, Germany for the Kieler Open Source und Linux Tage. I will be sharing two presentations:

The FreeDOS Project: Then and Now

I'll be talking about the history of the FreeDOS Project, and a little about where things are headed. If you don't know about FreeDOS: FreeDOS is a complete, free, DOS-compatible operating system that you can use to play classic DOS games, run legacy business software, or develop embedded systems. Any program that works on MS-DOS should also run on FreeDOS.

Usability Testing in Open Source Software

This presentation is for anyone who works on open source software, and wants to make it easier for everyone to use. I'll talk about some easy methods you can use to test the usability of your software, and then how to quickly identify the "trouble spots" that you need to fix.

If you're planning to attend Kieler, please let me know!
Update: I've made my slides available for download. You can find them on my personal page. Both presentations are available under the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.